We often advise on interview tips for junior or mid level Minds of the FreshMinds pool but with the seniority of our candidates and roles increasing all the time, I thought it appropriate to provide some advice on how to interview well as a manager.
Like everything, practice makes perfect, so here are some great example questions to get you started….
1. How do you handle non-productive team members?
2. How do you motivate team members who are burned out, or bored?
3. How do you handle team members who come to you with their personal problems?
4. What are your career goals? How do you see this job affecting your goals?
5. Explain how you operate interdepartmentally.
6. Tell me how you would react to a situation where there was more than one way to accomplish the same task, and there were very strong feelings by others on each position.
7. Consider that you are in a diverse environment, out of your comfort zone. How would you rate your situational leadership style?
8. Give me an example of your leadership involvement where teamwork played an important role.
9. Tell me about a situation where your loyalty was challenged. What did you do? Why?
10. In what types of situations is it best to abandon loyalty to your manager?
Elizabeth Biggs works on the Interim Consultancy Team at FreshMinds Talent